Conventional Carp Sliding Rietvlei Trace/Rig
Recently been experimenting with a few Carp rigs and tied this one, I'm sure its very similar to an actual sliding Rietvlei trace, but thought I would post it anyway, not my favourite trace, but very good for fishing in snags.
What You Need To Tie This Trace
- 3x Size 14 barrel swivels.
- 2x Size 8 owner carp hooks.
- Feeder, preferably a spring feeder and not the one illustrated.
- Hook link line, i love using about a 9lb strength.
- Feeder line, generally twice as strong, here 18lb.
- 2x Soft glow beads.
Steps To Tie The Sliding Rietvlei Trace
- Tie your first swivel and hook onto a piece of line 25 - 30 cm's in length.
- Cut another piece of line the same length and tie the swivel to it.
- Add the complete tied hook and swivel trace onto the line with just the swivel attached, push it down to the bottom so it is up against the other swivel.
- Slide a glow bead onto the same line, then add the feeder and another glow bead and tie off with another swivel.
- Tie a hook link similar to the first step and tie it onto the swivel you tied off on the line with the slider and the feeder.
You now have a sliding Rietvlei trace, go and catch those Carp! See a picture and image tutorial of how to tie a sliding Rietvlei trace below: